CropLife Latin America is a non-profit industry trade association consisting of five companies and a network of 25 associations in eighteen countries of Latin America.
We represent Bayer CropScience, Sumitomo Chemical, FMC, Syngenta, and Basf. These companies are committed to agricultural productivity and sustainability through the offer of better seeds, biotechnology and phytosanitary products.
CropLife Latin America is one of the sixteen regional associations affiliated to CropLife International, the plant science industry’s global federation.
The industry represented by CropLife Latin America complies with the FAO International Code of Conduct alignments on the Distribution and Utilization of Pesticides. Additionally, the industry has strict ethical and social responsibility parameters, in aspects like quality, respect for public health and environment.
CropLife Latin America and the industry it represents are recognized for their technological contributions to a sustainable agriculture with increased productivity to feed the world.
Represent the plant science industry by promoting proper legal and regulatory frameworks, while effectively communicating the industry’s contributions to innovation and productivity, and supporting sustainable agriculture in Latin America through good science.
- To promote and support laws which regulate pesticides based on a scientific criteria and guarantee a market with a healthy competition.
- To support and defend a fair protection of registration data and respect for intellectual property.
- To stimulate participation of farmers, distributors and authorities in responsible pesticide management through the programs CampoLimpioSM and CuidAgro®.
- To communicate the improvement that the industry contributes to agriculture and to promote a constructive, open and transparent dialogue with society.
- To promote biotechnology and to support the adoption of adequate norms to regulate it.
San José, Costa Rica
Frente a PriceSmart Escazú
Edificio 1, Oficina 112
Phone number: +506 (2) 288 6772
Carrera 23 # 124 – 87 Torre 2 Oficina 701 Torres de Zentai
Phone number: +57 (1) 390 2490